Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Eddie's Privateer Drop Bar Build

One of our first Privateer customers just rebuilt his bike with some fresh new tires and drop bars.


"An update on my Privateer. I tried all manner of trying to get used to upright with Albatross bars and bar ends. I adjusted every which way up down sideways. Not for me. So I installed my fav compact drops, Sora 9 brifters, and a 6603 Ultegra triple crank. The bike still rode kinda harsh and clunky. Last gasp was to try some Grand Bois Cypres 32 mm tires at 70 psi. These replaced Maxxis Refuse 28 mm tires pumped to 80 psi. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! I can’t quite believe the tires can make a big difference, but I swear the bike seems faster??? And cruises over rough surfaces really well. I mean really well. I thought this would just be my town funky bike, but now it has turned into something more subtle. I like it."

Be well.

Eddie

No comments:

Post a Comment